92% would make again
Potato Flower Breakfast Cups
featured in 10 Mouthwatering Recipes For Potato Lovers
for 12 potato cups
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cheese blend (200 g)
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- Calories 357
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- With a mandolin or a sharp knife, carefully cut the potatoes into ¹⁄₁₆-inch (1 mm) thick slices.
- Add the potato slices to a large bowl and cover with water. Toss the potatoes around to remove excess starch, then drain.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and toss the potatoes until evenly coated.
- Add the oil to a small bowl. Dip a paper towel in the oil and grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Arrange 5 potatoes around the sides of a muffin cup, overlapping slightly. Place 1 slice on the bottom to create a flower. Repeat with the remaining potato slices. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the potato cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the potato cups from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 300°F (150°C).
- Sprinkle bacon over the cheese. Add an egg to each cup. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are mostly cooked.
- Serve warm.