96% would make again
Spaghetti Squash And Meatballs
for 6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey (453 g)
- ⅓ cup parsley (10 g), chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup white onion (37 g), finely diced
- 1 clove garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (100 g), grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 236
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Use a fork to pierce holes down the side of the spaghetti squash. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- When the squash is cool enough to touch (5-10 minutes), slice the squash open, length-wise, with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the seeds and drizzle the squash with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash cut-side down for 40 minutes, until easily pierced with a knife.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the ground turkey, onion, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Form meatballs, and transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Using a fork, pull the strands from the cooled spaghetti squash and transfer to serving dish.
- Top with hot marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.