84% would make again
Mini S’mores Eclair
June 10, 2019
for 20 mini eclairs
- 4.8 oz graham crackers (135 g), 1 envenlope
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- ¾ cup flour (95 g)
- 4 eggs, +1 for egg wash
- 14 oz marshmallow fluff (395 g)
- 4 oz dark chocolate bar (115 g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- mini marshmallow, for decorating
- Calories 220
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, water, and salt over medium heat. Allow all the butter to melt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- As soon as the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and add in the flour and graham cracker crumbs. Using a wooden spoon, mix thoroughly to combine.
- Continue stirring (about two minutes). The dough should form into a ball and easily pull away from the sided of the pan. Remove the mixture from heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs to the cooled dough, one at a time, being sure to fully incorporate each egg before adding the next. (The eggs will initially be difficult to incorporate into the dough - but continue stirring vigorously and they will eventually come together to form a smooth shiny dough)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C)
- Once the dough comes together, transfer it to a piping bag and pipe onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet into 2-3 inch (5-7cm) logs.
- Smooth out any peaks/tails caused by piping with a wet fingertip (this will ensure your eclairs cook evenly and maintain an even shape)
- Brush the eclairs with beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 425˚F. Then, without opening the oven, reduce heat to 350˚ (175˚C) and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove eclairs from oven. Using the tip of a knife, cut a small “x” into the bottom of each eclair and transfer (“x” side up) to a cooling rack. (this will allow any excess steam/moisture to escape ensuring your eclairs maintain their shape).
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a narrow tip with marshmallow fluff.
- Just before serving, pipe the fluff into the cooled eclairs.
- Break apart chocolate and add to a small microwave safe bowl.
- To a separate, small microwave safe bowl, add the heavy cream.
- Microwave the cream for one minute. Remove and immediately pour the hot cream over the chocolate pieces. Stir until the chocolate has melted and a nice ganache has formed. (if necessary place the bowl with chocolate and cream in the microwave for 10 second increments, stirring after each until smooth).
- Dip the top side of the filled eclairs into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs and top with mini marshmallows (if you have a kitchen torch you can “toast” the marshmallows to make them super cute). Best served immediately!