90% would make again
Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake Roll
featured in 5 Ice Cream Cake Recipes You Need In Your Life
Inspired by tasty.co
for 10 servings
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (60 g)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (60 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pt chocolate ice cream (475 g), softened
- 1 pt strawberry ice cream (475 g), softened
- 1 pt vanilla ice cream (475 g), softened
- 2 cups chocolate chips (350 g)
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL), hot
- Calories 797
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 72g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 56g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, oil, and vanilla. Whisk again until incorporated.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the cake is set.
- Lay out a kitchen towel and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Once the cake is done, invert it onto the towel, remove the parchment, and lift the towel to roll the cake into a log. The towel will wrap into the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to cool.
- Place the cake on the counter and unroll.
- Place ice cream scoops on the cake in an even line, starting with chocolate, then the strawberry and vanilla.
- Smooth each line of ice cream out, being careful not to mix the flavors.
- Tightly roll the cake back up, this time without the towel.
- Freeze the cake for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place the cake on a rack set over a baking sheet.
- Pour the ganache over the cake in an even layer.
- Place cake in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until the ganache is set.