Chocolate Chip Bananas Foster 'Box' Cheesecake
Indulge in this decadent Chocolate Chip Bananas Foster Box Cheesecake that's sure to impress your taste buds. With a luscious combination of chocolate chips, bananas, and a creamy cheesecake filling, this dessert is a true showstopper.
for 8 servings
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 mL)
- 1 cup milk (235 mL)
- 1 yellow cake mix, 1 box
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (260 g)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (60 g)
- ½ cup light brown sugar (100 g), packed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 24 oz cream cheese (680 g), at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Calories 1014
- Fat 63g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 71g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the ripe bananas.
- Whisk in the egg, followed by vegetable oil and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add in the yellow cake mix, being careful to not overmix.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a shallow saucepan, set over medium heat, add the butter and brown sugar, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture turns into golden brown syrup, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into a 9-inch (20-cm) round cake pan. Place the sliced bananas into a single layer on top of the syrup.
- Divide the cake batter among the banana pan, and another greased 9-inch (20-cm) cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Once the banana bottom cake is cool to touch, invert onto a cooling rack set on top of a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Leave the second cake to cool to room temperature inside the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the cooled cake in the pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with two sheets of foil and place into a larger baking dish.
- Fill the baking dish with water until it comes 1 inch (2 cm) up the side on the cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn the heat off and open the oven door and let cool for one hour. Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours.
- To assemble, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. Top the cake with the cooled banana fosters cake.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.