88% would make again
Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake
featured in Caramel Dessert Options!
for 5 servings
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- ⅓ cup sugar (65 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil (80 mL)
- ⅓ cup milk (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dulce de leche (225 mL)
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- vanilla ice cream
- Calories 583
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 50g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the dulce de leche and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour the dulce de leche mixture into a round baking pan.
- Layer the apples in a circular pattern with each one overlapping the other. Repeat until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Pour the cake batter on top of the apples and spread the batter evenly on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then cool until bottom is slightly warm.
- Place a large round plate on top of the cake pan, then flip quickly. Give the cake pan a few pats to make sure the cake is released, then lift off the pan.
- Slice and serve with ice cream!