90% would make again
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
featured in Melt In Your Mouth Pudding Recipes
for 8 servings
Banana Bread Crust
- nonstick cooking spray
- 11 oz vanilla wafer (310 g), 1 box, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 g), melted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 mL)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups whole milk (480 mL), hot
- 2 ½ teaspoons gelatin powder
- 3 oz banana pudding mix (85 g), 2 boxes
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 32 oz cream cheese (905 g)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- whipped cream
- 7 vanilla wafers
- Calories 1297
- Fat 88g
- Carbs 109g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 58g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Make the banana bread crust: Set aside 7 vanilla wafers, then add the rest to a zip-top plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crushed wafers to a medium bowl, add the melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Pour the crust into the prepared pan and press against the bottom to about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick with a flat-bottomed measuring cup.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Add the sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, salt, flour, and baking powder. Beat with an electric hand mixer until well-combined.
- Pour the banana bread mixture over the crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In a large bowl, combine the milk, gelatin, and banana pudding mix. Beat with an electric hand mixer until thick and smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese, and beat again until well-combined.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the banana bread crust.
- Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven. Prop the oven door open slightly with a kitchen towel to let the hot air slowly escape. After 2 hours, remove the cheesecake from the oven. Refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange the sliced bananas on top of the cheesecake. Release the springform, then pipe whipped cream on top of 7 of the bananas. Place the reserved vanilla wafer cookies on top of the whipped cream.
- Slice and serve.