Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Roll
Make this heavenly fruit-filled roll for brunch, tea parties, or a picnic in the park! The light and fluffy cake is filled with a creamy strawberry cheesecake filling and fresh berries, rolled into a a decedant shape and dusted with powered sugar.
for 10 servings
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g), divided
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (40 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups strawberry (300 g), sliced
- Calories 287
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the ¹¹⁄₄ cups (150 grams) sugar and whisk again until combined.
- Mix in oil, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add in flour, and fold until smooth and combined.
- Pour the batter on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Gently tap the baking sheet on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Lay out a kitchen towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Once the cake is done, invert it onto the towel and lift the towel to roll the cake into a log. The towel will wrap into the cake.
- Refrigerate cake for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the cake on the counter and unroll.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the cake and top with sliced strawberries.
- Tightly roll the cake bake up, this time just using the towel as a guide.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.