No-Bake Charcoal Cheesecake
Take dinner time deep down under the sea with these ink-hued dishes. Start with crispy fried calamari dredged in an activated charcoal batter and served with a garlicky squid ink aioli. Then for the main course, it’s homemade squid ink fettuccine in a white wine sauce with plenty of mussels. Finish with a no-bake activated charcoal cheesecake studded with black sesame seeds. The food may be dark, but the flavors are anything but!
6 hr 40 min
6 hr 40 min
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookie
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (120 mL)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder (40 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons food grade activated charcoal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Calories 672
- Fat 55g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Grease a 9-inch (22 cm) springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl, add the melted butter, and toss until fully combined and the crumbs take on a sand-like consistency.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to the prepared pan and, using your hands, press the mixture against the bottom and up the sides of the pan to create the crust. Transfer to the freezer while you make the filling.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, activated charcoal, and salt to a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fully combined, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the filling, using a spoon to smooth the top. Sprinkle the black sesame seeds all over the filling. Refrigerate for at least 2–3 hours to set.
- Release the springform, then slice and serve.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.