96% would make again
One-Pan Salmon And Egg Bake
featured in 7 Ways To Make Your Salmon Dinner Better
for 1 serving
- 6 oz salmon (170 g), 1 fillet
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups spinach (130 g), roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 603
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Pour oil into a small, oven-safe skillet. Place the spinach and garlic in the skillet, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix well so that everything is evenly coated.
- Place the salmon on 1 side of the pan, then form a well on the other side and crack an egg, making sure it stays intact.
- Season the tops of the salmon and the egg with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C). (The temperature will continue to rise once it rests out of the oven.)
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over the salmon fillet for more flavor and let the salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: If you want a runny egg yolk, follow steps 1-3, then place the skillet in the preheated oven. Halfway through the cooking process (about 10 minutes in), crack a cold egg into the well of the spinach and replace the skillet in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. The salmon will be cooked through, the egg white will show color, and the yolk will be gloriously runny.