99% would make again
Pesto Asparagus And Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
for 4 servings
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 spears asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 8 oz penne pasta (225 g)
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves (160 g)
- ⅓ cup pine nuts (40 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato (100 g)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, optional
- Calories 717
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F/220˚C.
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Cut the remaining spears into quarters and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over the asparagus and toss so each piece is evenly coated. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the boiling water, cook the penne for 10–12 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil until it becomes a paste. Add in Parmesan and salt and blend.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted asparagus, and pesto (about 3 hefty tablespoons). Toss together and serve hot or cold, and top with Parmesan cheese.