for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 lb boneless pork shoulder (1.7 kg)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups apple juice (360 mL)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- 2 cups canned pineapple chunks (300 g), with juice
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage (200 g)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion (75 g)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ½ cup pineapple (75 g), cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Hawaiian slider bun
- Barbecue sauce of choice
- 1 can Bush's® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the pork shoulder, covering all sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté, then add the grapeseed oil and heat until shimmering. Sear the pork shoulder on all sides until golden brown, 2–3 minutes per side. Remove the pork shoulder from the pot.
- Add the yellow onion to the Instant Pot and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Return the pork shoulder to the pot, then add the apple juice, apple cider vinegar, and pineapple chunks and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Secure the lid and press Cancel, then select Manual and set to Pressure Cook on High for 2 1⁄2 hours, or until the meat is tender enough to break apart easily. Let the pressure release naturally for 25–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw: In a large bowl, toss together the red cabbage, red onion, jalapeño, pineapple matchsticks, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Transfer the pork shoulder from the Instant Pot to a cutting board and shred with two forks, discarding any large pieces of fat or sinew.
- Assemble the pulled pork sliders: Add the pulled pork to slider buns and top with barbecue sauce and slaw. Serve immediately with Bush’s® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans alongside.