90% would make again
Rainbow Sheet-Pan Pizza
featured in Our All-Time Favorite Pizza Recipes
Inspired by bakersroyale.com
for 5 servings
- 1 dough, enough for 2 pizzas
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 small beets, roasted, peeled, and pureed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (500 g)
- your choice of toppings, enough for 1 pizza
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce (390 g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 1 pt cherry tomato (400 g)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach (40 g), chopped
- 1 cup purple sweet potato (200 g), diced and roasted
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh basil, sliced, for serving
- Calories 979
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 162g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine half of the warm water and the brown sugar.
- Add the active dry yeast and let foam without stirring for about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pureed beets, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, 2 cups (250 g) of flour, and the yeast mixture.
- Rinse the yeast mixture bowl with the remaining warm water to get all the yeast, and pour into the large bowl.
- Mix with your hands and gradually add in the reamining flour until the dough comes together in a ball and is not moist to the touch.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and bouncy and does not stick to the surface. Add flour as needed.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a clean large bowl and rub around with your fingers.
- Place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with the oil.
- Cover with a kitchen towel or a plastic wrap and let rise for at least 1 hour at room temperature (preferably warm). The dough should double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Grease a nonstick baking sheet with the olive oil.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and divide in half.
- Save one dough half for later. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the remaining ball of dough into a rectangular shape that will approximately fit on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the dough to baking sheet and stretch as needed to cover the pan.
- Leaving a 1-inch (2 cm) border all around the sides, spread the pizza sauce over the dough and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Add strips of cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, spinach, and roasted purple sweet potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the veggies are tender and the crust is cooked.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, then slice and serve.