Salt-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Impress your guests with this show-stopping salt-crusted beef tenderloin that is juicy, tender, and full of flavor.
May 14, 2023
86% would make again
for 6 servings
- 2 lb beef tenderloin (910 g)
- pepper, to taste
- 3 lb kosher salt (360 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- Liberally pepper the beef tenderloin on all sides.
- Brown all sides of the beef tenderloin, set aside so its comes to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salt, rosemary and water. You want the consistency of wet, packable sand.
- Spread a thin layer of the salt on your baking sheet.
- Place the beef tenderloin on top and cover the with remaining salt. Make sure the entire beef tenderloin is covered in the salt mix.
- Bake at 250°F (120°C) for 45-60 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 120°F (48°C) for medium rare.
- Remove and let it rest in the salt crust for 15 minutes.
- Using the back of the spoon, crack the salt crust and remove. Brush away any excess salt and remove the beef tenderloin.
- Slice and serve with roasted vegetables.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.