95% would make again
Semi-Homemade Veggie-Packed Pot Pie 2 Ways
Indulge in this Semi-Homemade Veggie-Packed Pot Pie, served up in two delightful ways! This cozy, comforting dish is perfect for a chilly night in, and it's so simple to make with store-bought pie crust and a medley of vibrant veggies.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 cups mushroom (150 g), sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g), or arrowroot, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth (240 mL)
- 2 cups almond milk (480 mL)
- 2 cups broccoli floret (300 g)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken (250 g), heaping amount, shredded
- 2 crusts pie crust, 1 store-bought package or 1 package of store-bought biscuit dough (6 biscuits)
- 1 small egg, beaten
- Calories 664
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and carrots and cook 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, celery, and mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and arrowroot starch. Stir to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, vegetable broth, almond milk, broccoli, and chicken. Stir to combine. Add more arrowroot, if necessary, to reach desired thickness. Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to pie crust or biscuit package specification.
- To make one family-style pie: Place one pie crust into an ungreased 9-inch (23-cm) pie dish. Fill with the vegetable mixture. Top with the second pie crust, folding under any excess crust and crimping the edges with a fork.
- Brush the crust evenly with beaten egg. Cut a few slits in the top crust.
- Bake according to pie crust packaging.
- Cut and serve warm.
- To make individual pies: Arrange 6 or more ramekins or bowls on a baking sheet.
- Scoop the vegetable mixture into the ramekins.
- Top each ramekin with 1 uncooked biscuit.
- Bake according to biscuit packaging.