96% would make again
featured in Homemade Shrimp And Lobster Fest
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 3 qt water (3 L)
- 8 small red skin potatoes
- 3 ears corn, cut into thirds
- 4 smoked sausages, such as kielbasa, cut into rounds
- 2 lb shell-on shrimp (905 g)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cocktail sauce (240 g), to serve
- butter, melted, to serve
- Calories 1028
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 102g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 71g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the coriander seeds, mustard seeds, red pepper flakes, dill weed, allspice, salt, and bay leaves.
- Add the spice mix to a large pot with 3 quarts of water, then add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and boil for 10 minutes. Add the sausage and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove a potato from the pot and check to see if it's fully cooked. If not, continue to cook them until the potatoes are done.
- Stir in the shrimp and lemon juice. Place the lid on the pot and cook for 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Drain the ingredients from the pot. Serve the shrimp boil on a newspaper-lined table, sprinkled all over with parsley, with cocktail sauce and garlic butter on the side.