98% would make again
Slow-Cooker Applesauce And Apple Butter
for 10 servings
- 12 red apples, combination of gala, honeycrip, and mcintosh
- ¾ cup water (180 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar (75 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 189
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel and roughly dice the apples, removing the cores.
- Add the apples to a slow cooker with the water, salt, and cinnamon sticks, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Uncover and remove the cinnamon sticks. Using an immersion blender, blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Scoop out half of the applesauce and enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- To the remaining applesauce, add the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low, stirring halfway through.