97% would make again
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
featured in The Best Fall Squash Recipes
Inspired by skinnytaste.com
for 6 servings
- 2 lb medium butternut squash (910 g), peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth (720 mL)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup coconut milk (60 mL)
- pumpkin seed
- fresh chive, chopped
- Calories 544
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the butternut squash, onion, and garlic to a slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil and add vegetable broth, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth, or transfer to a standard blender or food processor and carefully puree.
- Add the thyme and coconut milk and blend to incorporate.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and chives, if desired.