95% would make again
Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
featured in 5 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
for 6 servings
- 1 ½ lb baby potato (680 g), red and/or yellow
- 8 small carrots, snapped in half
- 12 pearl onions, peeled, with ends cut off
- 3 ½ lb beef chuck roast (1 ½ kg)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 baguette, cut into 5-inch (13 cm) pieces, optional
- Calories 701
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 80g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a slow cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, and onions to make a base for the meat.
- Lay the chuck roast on top of the veggies and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Wash your hands, because mess.
- Mix cornstarch and water until well combined and pour close to the edge so it gets down to the veggies.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce directly on top of the meat.
- Cover with the slow-cooker lid and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Place the rosemary and thyme sprigs on top of the meat and cook for 1 more hour.
- Remove rosemary and thyme.
- Using a fork, shred the meat and serve by itself with the veggies, or on top of bread for a sandwich! The juices from the bottom of the slow cooker make for an AMAZING dipping sauce!