92% would make again
Lemon Garlic Slow Cook Chicken
featured in 5 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
for 5 servings
- 1 whole chicken, based on the size of your slow cooker - a 1.3kg chicken should just about fit into a 3.5L slow cooker - while a 6.5L would probably fit a 2kg chicken
- 4 lemons
- 10 cloves garlic, 8 whole and 2 halved
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Calories 460
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove any giblets etc. from the cavity of the chicken, sometimes in a small bag.
- Stuff chicken with 1 sprig of rosemary, 1 lemon (quartered) and 4 cloves garlic.
- Season all sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Remove both ends of a lemon, cut in half to create very thick slices.
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with 4 lemon slices, 4 whole garlic cloves and a sprig of rosemary.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cut 2 garlic cloves in half and put all four pieces on top of the chicken along with the 2 remaining lemon slices.
- Garnish with 1-2 more sprigs of rosemary. Put the lid on the slow cooker and set to high for 4 hours.
- Place cooked chicken under the grill (broil) for 10 minutes to crisp the skin (optional).
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving. Leftover juices in the slow cooker are mostly lemon juice with a bit of chicken fat and can be used sparingly as a strongly flavoured sauce.