Spaghetti Meatball Bake
This Spaghetti Meatball Bake is a classic Italian-American dish that is sure to please the whole family! The spaghetti is perfectly cooked, the meatballs are juicy and flavorful, and the melted cheese on top adds a delicious creaminess. This dish is a crowd-pleaser that is perfect for any occasion.
for 6 servings
- 18 oz bolognese sauce (510 g), from a jar
- 1 cup water (250 mL)
- 1 lb fresh egg pasta (400 g)
- 1.75 oz grated cheddar cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup fresh basil (20 g), for serving
- 1 lb lean ground beef (500 g), (5% fat)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Calories 539
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together into a large bowl, then form into 14 golfball-sized balls.
- Combine the full jar of sauce and half a jar of water together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the spaghetti until it’s fully coated in the sauce.
- Spread the coated spaghetti into a casserole dish then top with the meatballs.
- Cover and bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and grill/broil for a further 5-7 minutes uncovered, until the cheese is melted and stringy and the top of the meatballs are brown.
- Sprinkle over the basil and serve immediately.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.