96% would make again
Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
featured in Strawberry Shortcake Pancake Breakfast in Bed
Enjoy a delightful breakfast treat with these strawberry shortcake pancakes. Fluffy pancakes topped with whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 cups strawberry (300 g), quartered
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- 1 tablespoon water, optional
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk (360 mL)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- whipped cream, optional
- Calories 440
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 47g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the quartered strawberries, water, and sugar. Stir until combined and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. If the syrup is too thin, mix together the cornstarch and water and add it to the strawberries. Stir again and cook until thickened about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix until just incorporated. Do not over-mix!
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter on a skillet over medium heat.
- Add ½ cup (145 g) of batter to the skillet and cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Flip and set aside.
- Stack the pancakes and top with strawberry syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.