Sweet And Sour Eggplant
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Have a recipe of your own to share?Submit a recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 2 medium eggplant
- ½ cup oil (120 mL), divided
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups onion (225 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ketchup (240 g)
- 1 cup vinegar (237 mL)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- water, as needed
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander (15 g)
- rice, for serving
- Calories 287
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the eggplant into medium sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, put some oil and lightly fry the eggplant pieces. Remove them from the pan.
- Using the same fry pan, add some oil. Then, add the cumin seeds and chopped garlic. Fry for 15 seconds, then add the onion and red pepper flakes. Fry for 3 minutes. Add the eggplants and stir it. Add the ketchup and mix it well.
- Add the vinegar and mix it. Cover the pan and keep on low heat for 8 minutes. Take off the lid, then add the salt and a little bit of water (if necessary). Cook for 4 minutes without the lid.
- Sprinkle the coriander over and turn off the heat.
- Serve with plain rice or biriyani.