81% would make again
The Most Delicious Chestnut Dessert (Mont Blanc)
featured in Homemade Versions Of Fancy Desserts
Inspired by finedininglovers.com
for 12 servings
- 2 lb chestnut (910 g)
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 qt whipped cream (1 L)
- 1 circle pie crust, baked
- powdered sugar, to serve
- Calories 345
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Score the chestnuts in a cross with a knife.
- Place the chestnuts on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chestnuts with a towel, and quickly peel the warm chestnuts.
- Put the peeled chestnuts in a pan and add water, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Cook and stir the chestnut on high heat until the water has evaporated and chestnuts has softened, about 15 minutes.
- Place the chestnut filling in a food processor, add in water and blend until smooth.
- Push the chestnut filling through an sieve into another bowl.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag with a circle tip and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚F (90˚C).
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy using a hand mixer.
- Add sugar to the egg whites and whisk until stiff peak forms.
- Transfer the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a circle tip and pipe the meringue in a swirling motion onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meringue for 1 hour.
- Get the pie crust, and cut small circles to serve as the bottom for the meringue and bake for 30 minutes
- Place the meringue on top of the pie crust and pipe the whipped cream around it. Pipe the chestnut cream around the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.