The Most Delicious Chestnut Dessert (Mont Blanc)
featured in Homemade Versions Of Fancy Desserts
This dessert is the ultimate showstopper! With layers of creamy chestnut mousse and fluffy whipped cream, every bite is like a taste of heaven.
May 04, 2023
82% would make again
for 12 servings
- 2 lb chestnut (910 g)
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 qt whipped cream (1 L)
- 1 circle pie crust, baked
- powdered sugar, to serve
- Calories 451
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 65g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Score the chestnuts in a cross with a knife.
- Place the chestnuts on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chestnuts with a towel, and quickly peel the warm chestnuts.
- Put the peeled chestnuts in a pan and add water, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Cook and stir the chestnut on high heat until the water has evaporated and chestnuts has softened, about 15 minutes.
- Place the chestnut filling in a food processor, add in water and blend until smooth.
- Push the chestnut filling through an sieve into another bowl.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag with a circle tip and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚F (90˚C).
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy using a hand mixer.
- Add sugar to the egg whites and whisk until stiff peak forms.
- Transfer the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a circle tip and pipe the meringue in a swirling motion onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meringue for 1 hour.
- Get the pie crust, and cut small circles to serve as the bottom for the meringue and bake for 30 minutes
- Place the meringue on top of the pie crust and pipe the whipped cream around it. Pipe the chestnut cream around the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.