The Ultimate Breakfast Corndog
Start your day off right with this breakfast twist on a classic corn dog. This sausage link is dipped in bacon batter and cooked to a fluffy perfection.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 14 corndogs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 breakfast sausages
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), melted
- 3 tablespoons bacon, cooked, finely chopped
- 4 cups canola oil (960 mL)
- powdered sugar, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- 14 small ice pop sticks
- Calories 824
- Fat 78g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil for 1 minute. Add the breakfast sausages to the pan and cook for 12 minutes, turning constantly, until crispy and browned all over.
- Drain the sausages on paper towels and let cool. Insert a small ice pop stick in each sausage. Set aside.
- Make the pancake batter: In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Use your hands to make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the milk, eggs, and melted butter into the well, then stir the center working your way out until the mixture is thick and well-combined. Fold in the bacon.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Pour the pancake batter into a tall glass, then dip a sausage stick into the mixture.
- Use tongs to gently place the battered sausage into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Drain on paper towels or a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining sausages.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.