97% would make again
Turkey Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
featured in Unique Stuffed Pepper Recipes
These savory stuffed peppers will have you screaming "delish-o!" With a fiesta of flavors from the ground turkey, spices, and veggies, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Top with guacamole for a kick of flavor that will have your taste buds doing the tango.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- guacamole, to taste
- Calories 168
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the tops of each bell pepper. Use the knife to help cut out and remove the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers.
- Place the peppers in a lightly greased roasting pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in the onion, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper, and sauté until the onions have softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Move the onions away from the center of the pan to create an open surface in the skillet. Place the ground turkey in the center of the pan and break up the meat.
- Move the meat and onions to the sides of the pan to create an open surface again. Pour in the black beans, corn, and salsa and stir the mixture until evenly combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the hallowed bell peppers and replace the bell pepper tops.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the bell peppers have softened and wilted slightly.
- Remove the tops of the bell peppers, spoon on a large dollop of guacamole, and replace the tops.