80% would make again
Greek Stuffed Peppers
for 4 servings
- 4 large red bell peppers
- ½ small red onion, minced
- ½ lb ground beef (225 g), 90% lean
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaf (10 g), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaf (10 g), chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Calories 226
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers, then scrape out the seeds and white pith. Save the pepper tops and set them aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and stir together so that everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the beef mixture in half and stuff it into the peppers, then place the tops of the peppers back on top.
- Transfer the peppers to a baking sheet or oven-safe skillet, then bake in the preheated oven until the meat is cooked through and the peppers are soft and starting to shrivel, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve.