Vegan Peanut Butter Macarons
featured in 4 Classic Desserts Made Vegan
A vegan twist on the classic French cookie, these macarons feature a peanut butter filling and are made without eggs.
May 04, 2023
73% would make again
for 24 servings
- 1 cup chickpea liquid (240 mL), aquafaba
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- 1 ½ cups almond meal (145 g)
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g), refrigerated
- Calories 110
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour 1 cup (240 ml) aquafaba into a pot and reduce to ⅓ cup (80 ml) over low heat.
- Refrigerate aquafaba overnight.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In a bowl, add the powdered sugar, almond meal, and dark cocoa powder, and whisk to combine.
- Add the chilled aquafaba to another bowl and beat until soft peaks begin to form.
- Add the cream of tartar and sugar to the whipped aquafaba and beat until soft peaks form.
- Sift powdered sugar, almond meal, and dark cocoa powder into the whipped aquafaba, and gently fold ingredients together.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and pipe directly onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Let the tray rest at room temperature for 2 hours until the surface does not stick to fingertips.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the macarons cool for 15 minutes.
- Pipe the peanut butter onto the macarons.
- Refrigerate macarons for another 2 hours before serving.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.