A delicate and elegant dessert that combines three classic flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. These beautiful and colorful macarons are perfect for a special occasion or a fancy tea party.
for 20 macarons
- 1 ⅓ cups almond meal (130 g), super fine
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar (210 g)
- 4 egg whites, cold
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons raspberry jam, strained
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chip (175 g), melted
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g)
- Calories 163
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- Add almond meal and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they stick to the bowl.
- Add the sugar to the whipped egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the powdered sugar with almond meal into the whipped egg whites.
- Divide the batter in half. In one bowl, gently fold in cocoa powder. In the other bowl, add in the strained raspberry jam and red liquid food coloring and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batters into separate piping bags and pipe directly onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the melted white chocolate chips and cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Put the chocolate filling in a piping bag and pipe filling onto the macaron shells.
- Sandwich the macarons together.
- Refrigerate macarons for another 2 hours before serving.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.