95% would make again
20-Minute Lemon Cheesecake
featured in Time To Cook: Cheesecake
Quick and easy to make, this creamy cheesecake uses gelatin as a shortcut, saving you loads of time. It's infused with tangy lemon flavor and perfect for a satisfying dessert.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), room temperature
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package gelatin powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups whipping cream (480 g)
- 6 prepared mini graham cracker crusts
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- fresh mint leaf, for garnish
- Calories 1370
- Fat 89g
- Carbs 140g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 59g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a medium pot filled with a couple inches of water to a simmer. Set a heatproof bowl on top, making sure the bottom is not touching the water. Add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl and stir to incorporate, then let melt.
- Meanwhile, add the water and gelatin to a small bowl and let bloom until the water is absorbed, 2–3 minutes.
- Once the cream cheese softens and turns off white in color, add the lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest. Whisk to incorporate and remove any lumps.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the cream cheese mixture and whisk until fully melted and incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and freeze for 5–10 minutes, until cooled.
- Remove the cream cheese mixture from the freezer and gradually fold in the whipped topping until well incorporated.
- Scoop the filling into the mini graham cracker crusts. Freeze for 15 minutes, or until completely set.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and mint, then serve.