84% would make again
Baked Churro Bites
featured in 10 Homemade Churro Recipes
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside - these bite-sized churros are a perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
May 15, 2023
for 30 churro bites
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- ⅓ cup butter (75 g)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon sugar, to coat
- chocolate, melted, to taste
- Calories 43
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar in the water and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the flour.
- Take the pot off of the heat source, and mix in the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag with a 5 point, or star, tip.
- Pipe out thick 3-inch (8 cm) strips of churro batter onto a baking sheet covered with parchment, using a knife to release each piece from the piping tip, if needed.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then broil until golden brown.
- Dredge each churro in melted butter, then cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with melted chocolate if desired.