91% would make again
BBQ-Chicken Monkey Bread Ring
featured in Indoor BBQ
Inspired by tasty.co
for 8 servings
- 28 oz pizza dough (800 g), 2 14 ounce packages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (300 g)
- 1 cup red onion (150 g), chopped
- 2 cups chicken (250 g), shredded and cooked
- 1 ¼ cups BBQ sauce (360 g), divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped, for serving
- Calories 581
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the pizza dough tubes in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces, and roll into balls.
- Place the pizza dough balls in a large bowl, then add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss gently with your hands to coat.
- Add the mozzarella and onion and toss gently with your hands until evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and ¼ cup (65 g) of barbecue sauce. Add to the bowl with the dough balls and toss gently with your hands to incorporate.
- Fill the bottom of a 9-inch (22 cm) cake pan with dough balls, make sure not to pack them too tightly. Spray the outside of a small oven-safe bowl with nonstick spray and place on top of the dough balls in the middle of the pan. Fill the area around the bowl with the remaining dough balls.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops of the dough balls begin to turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven. Use tongs to remove the small bowl and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the tops of the dough balls are golden brown and bubbling.
- Fill the bowl indent with the remaining cup of barbecue sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.