95% would make again
Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Ring
featured in 5 Amazing Meatball Recipes
for 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (30 g)
- 4 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley, divided
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 batch pizza dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g), plus more for serving
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Calories 462
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pinch off a ball of the mixture, roll between your hands to make ping pong ball-sized meatball. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
- In a large pan, cook the meatballs over medium heat, turning to brown each side. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Pinch off a portion of pizza dough and, with your hands or a rolling pin, flatten out and top with a tablespoon of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Add a meatball and wrap the dough over, pinching at the seams to close. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange the balls in a circle, seam-side down, in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Mix the melted butter with the garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley, and the Parmesan. Brush the balls with the garlic butter mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place a bowl of warm marinara sauce in the middle of the skillet, then serve.