Enchiladas, anyone? Seasoned ground beef and black beans are rolled in tortillas, then baked with enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheese for a melty, saucy meal that’s bound to become a weeknight favorite.
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef (425 g)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (470 g), divided
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend (200 g)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), finely chopped
- cotija cheese, for garnish - optional
- Calories 984
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 79g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 58g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until the beef is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and black beans and continue cooking until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add 1 cup of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Scoop ½ cup of the beef mixture onto the lower half of a tortilla, then roll up. Place the rolled tortilla seam side-down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining beef and tortillas, arranging in a row.
- Top with the remaining cup of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle the shredded Mexican cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- Top the enchiladas with the cilantro and Cotija cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.