Berry Cheesecake Poke 'Box' Cake
This fruity twist on a classic poke cake is a delicious treat for any occasion. The vanilla cake is filled with fresh berries and cheesecake filling, then topped with whipped cream and more berries.
for 12 servings
- 1 vanilla cake mix, prepared according to package
- 2 cups strawberry (300 g), stems removed
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (395 g)
- 1 cup blackberry (150 g), mashed
- 1 cup raspberry (125 g), mashed
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping (225 g), thawed
- graham cracker, crumbled, for topping
- strawberry, sliced, for topping
- Calories 375
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare your favorite plain vanilla cake recipe or use a prepared box and follow its instructions.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke at least 3 rows of 4 holes in the cooked cake, making 12 holes total.
- In a large bowl, mash the strawberries with a potato masher or fork until mashed to a pulp.
- Add the cream cheese and condensed milk, whisking until there are no large lumps.
- Add the mashed blackberries and raspberries; stir just once or twice so the colors remain differentiated.
- Pour the mixture over the cake and let settle into the holes for about 10 minutes. Some of the mixture will still stay on top, which is okay.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the cake. Sprinkle graham crackers on top and add sliced strawberries or other fresh berries.
- Chill the cake for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.