Black Bean Burgers
Whether you’re vegetarian or not, this black bean burger recipe will hit every spot. Made with black beans, oats, onion, and carrots, and spiced up with cumin, coriander, and cayenne, this burger is so good you’ll wonder whether you ever want to go back to the carnivore version. Cook the patties on a pan covered in cooking spray, or use a slightly more generous pour of cooking oil for a crispier finish.
for 4 servings
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 buns of choice
- Calories 533
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 93g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Combine onions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and cayenne pepper until carrots are tender. Remove pan from heat.
- In a bowl, mash the beans and then add the contents of the pan along with the soy sauce and quick oats.
- Mix and form four patties. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Cook patties on a pan coated in cooking spray over medium heat, flipping halfway.
- Use patties to create your dream veggie burger.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.