Mushroom Lentil Burger & Fries
These hearty vegetarian burgers are packed with earthy mushroom and protein-rich lentils. Served with crispy fries, this meal is sure to satisfy your burger cravings without the meat!
for 5 servings
Mushroom Lentil Burgers
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 oz mushrooms (225 g), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups lentils (300 g), cooked
- 1 cup oats (100 g)
- 4 russet potatoes, cut in wedges
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 5 burger buns
- dijon mustard
- sliced tomato
- fresh arugula
- ketchup, for serving
- Calories 819
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 134g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- To make the flax egg, combine the flax meal and water in a small bowl and stir. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook until most of the juices have evaporated, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and paprika and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, until semi-translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onion to a food processor, then add the lentils, oats, and flax egg. Pulse until chunky, about 10-15 pulses.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to the bowl with the mushrooms. Mix well, using your hands if needed, then shape into 5 patties. Place on a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap, then freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the patties are freezing, prepare the fries. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well-coated.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the patties from freezer. In a large saucepan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add 2-3 patties, careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 minutes on other side. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- To assemble the burgers, top each bun with a patty, then layer on dijon mustard, tomato slices, and arugula.
- Serve the fries with ketchup.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.