86% would make again
Chickpea Flour Omelet
featured in 5 Ways To Make Chickpea Taste Delicious
Under 30 minutes
Inspired by sweetsimplevegan.com
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- olive oil, for cooking
- ½ cup cremini mushroom (35 g), sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (100 g), halved
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach (80 g)
- ¾ cup chickpea flour (90 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black salt, kala namak, optional
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (180 mL)
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- salsa, for serving
- Calories 398
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they start to release their juices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the pan, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes, until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking soda, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, black salt, apple cider vinegar, and almond milk, and whisk together until mostly smooth.
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add a ½ cup (120 ml) of the omelet batter to the pan. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, or until several bubbles have formed on the surface. Spoon half of the vegetable filling onto one side of the omelet.
- Using a spatula, fold the omelet in half. Turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid. Let the omelet steam for 5 minutes, until completely cooked through. Repeat with the remaining omelet batter and filling.
- Serve the omelets with salsa and fresh cilantro.