Loaded Queso In A Tortilla Bowl
This loaded queso in a tortilla bowl is an excellent party appetizer that is both fun and delicious. The crispy tortilla bowl is filled with creamy, cheesy queso and topped with steak and all your favorite toppings, making it a crowd-pleaser.
for 8 servings
- 1 flour tortilla
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb flank steak (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 jalapeñoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (400 g)
- guacamole, to serve
- tomato, diced, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- fresh cilantro, to serve
- tortilla chip, to serve
- Calories 729
- Fat 54g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 35g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat an oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Place a flour tortilla over an oven-safe bowl. Place another oven-safe bowl over it. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the bowls and set the tortilla bowl aside.
- In a shallow container, place olive oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, garlic powder chili powder and salt. Mix well.
- Place the flank steak in the spice mixture, rubbing until fully coated. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat a cast iron pan or stainless steel pan over high heat. Coat with olive oil and Add the steak and sear for 6-8 minutes.
- Rest the meat for 5 minutes. Cut them into a bite size. Set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeños and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk and cook until the mixture has thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese ½ cup (50 g) at a time. Stir constantly until the cheese is completely melted.
- On a flat plate, spread tortilla chips. Place the tortilla bowl on top. Pour in the queso and top with chopped steak, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and cilantro.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.