Chili-cheese Garlic Bread Rolls
Prepare to have your taste buds blown away with these chili cheese garlic bread rolls. Perfect for game day or any day, these rolls are packed with flavor and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
for 12 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 15 oz tomato sauce (425 g), 1 can
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 15 oz kidney bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup butter (55 g), melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- sour cream, to serve
- green onion, sliced, to serve
- Calories 315
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Break up the beef with a wooden spoon, cooking until browned.
- Add in the tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Stir until combined.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and stir in kidney beans.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, add the butter, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. Stir until combined.
- Place the dinner rolls in a baking dish. Use a knife to carve a circle in the top of each roll. Press down the bottom of the bun to create a denser bottom layer.
- Brush the rolls with the garlic butter and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Spoon the chilli into the holes of the toasted rolls.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.