99% would make again
Chili-cheese Garlic Bread Rolls
featured in 6 Hearty Chili Recipes
Inspired by google.com
for 12 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 15 oz tomato sauce (425 g), 1 can
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 15 oz kidney bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup butter (55 g), melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- sour cream, to serve
- green onion, sliced, to serve
- Calories 335
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Break up the beef with a wooden spoon, cooking until browned.
- Add in the tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Stir until combined.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and stir in kidney beans.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, add the butter, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. Stir until combined.
- Place the dinner rolls in a baking dish. Use a knife to carve a circle in the top of each roll. Press down the bottom of the bun to create a denser bottom layer.
- Brush the rolls with the garlic butter and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Spoon the chilli into the holes of the toasted rolls.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.