Blueberry Pecan Galette
Indulge in this rustic Blueberry Pecan Galette, a delightful combination of juicy blueberries and crunchy pecans nestled in a flaky, buttery crust. Perfect for a cozy weekend brunch or a sweet treat to share with friends!
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons pecan, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2 ½ cups Walmart® blueberries (250 g), divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon coarse sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- chopped pecan
- Calories 286
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the pecan crumble: In a medium bowl, mix together the pecans, flour, oats, granulated sugar, and salt. Add the butter and use your fingertips to work into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the filling: Add ½ cup of the Walmart® blueberries to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add the remaining 2 cups of blueberries, the granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and mix until well combined.
- Unroll the refrigerated pie crust onto the prepared baking sheet. Pour the blueberry filling onto the center of the crust and spread evenly, leaving a 2-inch border around the edges. Going in one direction, fold the dough border over the filling, creating creases by using your fingers to tuck the dough under itself every 2–3 inches. Sprinkle the pecan crumble on top of the filling. Chill the galette in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Once the galette has chilled, use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the crust, then sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Bake the galette for 25 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for another 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown and the filling is set. If the crust starts to brown too much, tent the edges of the galette loosely with foil. Remove the galette from the oven and let rest for 1 hour before serving.
- Slice the galette into 6–8 pieces and serve topped with a scoop of ice cream and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.