Broccoli, Ham & Cheddar Chicken Roll
Elevate your weeknight dinner with this delicious Broccoli Cheddar and Ham Stuffed Chicken Roll. Chicken breasts are stuffed with a creamy broccoli and ham mixture, then baked to perfection and topped with melted cheddar cheese.
for 6 servings
- 1 head broccoli head, cut into florets
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (200 g), shredded
- 6 oz cream cheese (170 g), softened
- 1 cup ham (150 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices ham
- Calories 536
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Finely chop the broccoli florets, and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cheddar, cream cheese, ham, onion powder, and mix evenly until combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and paprika, then stir to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice across horizontally, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Season both sides of the chicken liberally with the spice mix.
- Place each chicken breast on a double layer of plastic wrap, then cover with more plastic wrap.
- Use a meat pounder to thinly pound the chicken breast and form into a rectangular shape.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Lay down two of the flattened chicken breasts into a greased loaf pan lined with parchment paper, slightly overlapping them.
- Place the ham slices evenly across the bottom and sides, hanging the ham over the sides of the loaf pan.
- Spread broccoli mixture evenly on top of the ham, pressing it flat into the edges of the pan.
- Fold over the flaps of ham to completely seal the mixture.
- Place the third flattened chicken breast on top. Use a fork to tuck in the edges, creating a seal.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the loaf looks slightly brown and red on top.
- Cool the loaf in the pan. Release any juices from the pan. Remove the chicken loaf using the parchment paper.
- Slice into 1-inch (2-cm) slices, and serve!
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here