Stocked Brooklyn's Sweet Potato “Toast”
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper, optional
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry quinoa (175 g)
- 1 teaspoon coconut amino
- 8 oz fresh goat cheese (225 g), (equal to one small log)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika, optional
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, or herb of choice
- 8 kale chips, optional
- 4 eggs, optional
- Calories 822
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 70g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- PREPARE THE POTATOES:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut the potatoes lengthwise into ¾-inch slices. Rub with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Dust with pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly space the toasts on the sheet tray. Roast until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- PREPARE THE QUINOA:
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pot with a tight-fitting lid set on medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the quinoa. Stir to coat, then cook until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups (480 ml) of water and a pinch of salt to the pot, then increase the heat and cover. As soon as the liquid comes to a boil, turn down the heat to create a gentle simmer.
- Cook until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, uncover, and add the coconut aminos, using a fork to fluff and stir the quinoa.
- Heat the remaining avocado oil in a skillet set on medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add half the quinoa and stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Then, repeat the process with the remaining quinoa.
- PREPARE THE CHEESE:
- Add the goat cheese, milk, and apple cider vinegar to a small food processor. To this, add the paprika.
- Wash and chop the herbs, including any delicate stems, then add to the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- TO SERVE:
- Heat the “toasts” and place one or two slices on each plate.
- Crumble a spoonful or two of the cheese spread on top of each serving.
- Fry one egg per person and place it on top of each serving of toast. Crumble more cheese spread on top of the fried eggs.
- Sprinkle each serving generously with the crispy quinoa.
- Crush the kale chips and sprinkle on top of each serving.
- Plate and serve.