Brown Sugar Matcha Ice Cream Bars
Pairing matcha milk tea and ice cream, these popsicles will let you skip your next trip to the boba shop and beat the heat! Sweet brown sugar syrup and smooth matcha combine to make the perfect summer treat.
for 6 bars
Brown Sugar Syrup
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (110 g)
- ¾ cup warm water (180 mL), divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Matcha Ice Cream
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk (225 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons matcha powder
- pop mold
- plastic squeeze bottle, optional
- Calories 263
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 28g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the brown sugar syrup: In a medium pan, combine the brown sugar and ½ cup (60 ml) warm water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) warm water and the cornstarch until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the brown sugar and stir until fully incorporated and the syrup thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Transfer the syrup to a heatproof bowl and let cool while you make the ice cream.
- Make the matcha ice cream: In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and matcha powder. Using an electric hand mixer, whip the cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form and all of the matcha is incorporated, 3–4 minutes.
- Using a squeeze bottle or small spoon, drizzle a generous amount of the brown sugar syrup all around the insides of the pop molds.
- Spoon the matcha ice cream base into the pop molds, drizzling a bit more syrup between layers, until full. Cover the molds with the lid or insert pop sticks into the center of each mold. Transfer to the freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight, until frozen solid.
- When ready to serve, let the bars sit at room temperature for a few minutes, then gently remove as many as you are serving from the molds. Leave any remaining pops in the molds in the freezer until ready to serve, up to 1 week.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.