81% would make again
Cheddar Ranch Popcorn Chicken
featured in Chicken Nuggets 4 Ways
for 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk (480 mL)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups cheese cracker (125 g)
- oil, for frying
- Calories 480
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, buttermilk, and ranch packet.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large zipper storage bag, crumble the cheese crackers into desired crumbs (to replace bread crumbs).
- Place cracker crumbs into a medium bowl and coat each piece of chicken until fully covered.
- Heat oil to 350°F (180°C) and fry chicken until crackers turn golden brown (3 minutes).
- Place on a paper towel to dry.
- Serve with a side of ranch or any sauce.