88% would make again
Cherry Vanilla Soda
featured in Natural Fruit & Herb Sodas X Ways
for 10 servings
- 1 cup frozen cherry (225 g), thawed, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup simple syrup (120 mL)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- seltzer water, for serving
- Calories 37
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the cherries to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the cherry puree to a saucepan over medium heat with the simple syrup and vanilla. Simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Once the cherry syrup is cool, strain into an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- To make the soda, pour 1 cup (240 ml) of seltzer water into a glass filled with ice and add 1-2 tablespoons of cherry syrup. Stir to combine. Garnish with cherries, if desired.
- Nutrition, per 1 tablespoon: Calories: 19 Sugars: 4 grams