97% would make again
featured in 4 DIY Chipotle Recipes
The juicy, tender chicken in this recipe is seasoned with smoky chipotle peppers and grilled to perfection. Serve it up with a side of rice and beans for a fiesta in your mouth!
May 05, 2023
for 1 serving
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (455 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to tate
- 6 oz chipotle peppers in adobo (170 g), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- On a cutting board, season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to a large zip-top bag with the chopped chipotles and mix until the chicken is fully coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan with tongs and place on a cutting board. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until all pieces are browned.