98% would make again
Easy Pan Steaks
featured in Steak & Roasted Veggies
for 2 servings
- 8 oz filet mignon (225 g), 2 steaks
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt, for serving, optional
- Calories 338
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the steaks and cook, without moving for three minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the steaks over. Add the rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 7 minutes for a medium steak.
- Using tongs, transfer the steaks to a cutting board. Let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.