Chocolate-Filled Banana Muffins
featured in Cupcakes or Muffins?
These muffins are the ultimate treat for banana and chocolate lovers. Soft and fluffy with a gooey chocolate center, they're perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
May 04, 2023
97% would make again
for 12 servings
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (80 mL)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ¼ cup whole milk (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chocolate sprinkles (50 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing pan
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chip (90 g)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (120 mL), hot
- Calories 236
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- If your bananas aren’t already very ripe, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are nearly black. Be careful to not overcook or the bananas will leak.
- Let the bananas cool to room temperature. Increase the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
- Peel the bananas, then place them in a large bowl. Mash bananas using a hand mixer or fork.
- Add the egg, vegetable oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the banana mixture. Beat until just combined, being careful to not overmix.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the chocolate sprinkles into the batter.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Divide the batter among the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof liquid measuring cup. Pour over the hot heavy cream. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- While the muffins are still warm, use the back of a wooden spoon to push down a hole into the center of each muffin. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Fill the muffins with the chocolate ganache.
- Chill the muffins in the fridge for at least 1 hour, until the center has set.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.