93% would make again
Chocolate Star Bread
June 10, 2019
for 6 servings
- 32 oz crescent dough (905 g), 4 cans Pilsbury Original Crescents
- 1 jar chocolate hazelnut spread, warm
- 1 egg, beaten
- Calories 710
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 76g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll a can of dough into a round about ⅛ inch thick. Use a 10-inch (25cm) dish or pan to make a circle outline in the dough, pressing into the dough but not cutting all the way through. Spread a layer of chocolate hazelnut spread over the dough.
- Repeat with 2 more cans of dough, so you have 3 frosted layers, then stack on top of the first. Roll out the remaining can of dough and lay on top of the last frosted layer.
- Using the same pan, cut the excess dough around the edges so you are left with a 10-inch round.
- Place a cup or mason jar in the center of the circle, then use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 16 equal parts or “petals”, leaving the center intact.
- Next, twist 2 petals away from each other, pull them out a bit past other petals and tuck them under themselves, pinching the seams. Repeat with the rest of the petals.
- Brush the star bread with the beaten egg, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until bread is browned and baked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.